Straight from the recipe section of the organic grocer’s monthly magazine.
This recipe is simple yet elegant. The original recipe called for blue cheese but I opted for goat cheese instead.
Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese and Apple
Ready in 30 minutes
- 250 grams (just over 1 cup) Puy lentils
- 3 Tbsp. walnut oil
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 red apple
- lettuce, I used lamb’s lettuce
- 80 grams goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the lentils according to package instructions. Strain and cool cooked lentils. Mix together the walnut oil and lemon juice. Set aside 2 Tbsp of dressing and mix the remaining amount into the cooled lentils along with salt to taste.
- Core the apple and then slice into very thin ribbons. Cover the apple slices in the remaining dressing.
- Serve the lentils on the lettuce. Top with the apple ribbons and crumbled goat cheese.
Good enough to eat for lunch again tomorrow.