If you’re after a quick and refreshing recipe that can be either an appetizer or main course, look no further.
White Bean Bruschetta
- 1 whole-grain baguette
- olive oil spray
- 2 cups ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- sea salt
- drizzle of olive oil
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
1. To prepare the bread,cut the baguette into 3/4 inch slices. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat both sides of the cut bread with olive oil spray. Toast until golden brown, flip over and toast again.
2. To prepare the bruschetta, mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Add sea salt, olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste.
3. Top the prepared bread with the bruschetta mixture and enjoy!
I highly recommend accompanying this lovely dish with another beautiful red food….
A whole big bowl of ’em!
I leave you with visions of sweet dreams!