Usually reserved for holidays or special occasions, my bottle of Bailey’s made an unusual appearance today.
A BBQ dessert request pointed to one recipe and one recipe only- How Sweet It Is’s Bailey’s Brownies.
I’ve returned to Jessica’s Bailey’s Brownie recipe many times. Opening the post only to drool over the idea of a drunken Irish brownie. The blogger behind How Sweet It Is, this girl knows how to do desserts. So, without further adieu…
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2-3 squares baking chocolate (or 3 Tbsp. butter and 9 Tbsp. coco powder)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9×13 pan.
- If using coco powder, melt 3 Tbsp. butter in a microwave safe dish and stir in the coco powder.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a microwave safe dish. Cream together until well mixed.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Continue to beat until creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add one egg at a time, combining well.
- Stir in flour until just mixed.
- Pour in Baileys and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish, bake for 35-45 minutes, or until just done.
Quick Tutorial: Baking Chocolate Substitue
When a recipe calls for baking chocolate but you don’t have any on hand, just use this quick substitute.
1 square baking chocolate= 1 oz. = 1 Tbsp. butter and 3 Tbsp. coco powder
Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish. Add the coco powder.
Stir until all butter is dissolved and well combined.
Now simply continue with your recipe as written.
To create something sumptuous!