Congratulations boys (?) and girls! You have made it through your first semester of Eating Abroad! To celebrate this momentous occasion, I’ve prepared a little test!
1. What was different about this morning’s egg sandwich?
a) first time eating carrot walnut whole grain spelt bread
b) first time eating an egg over easy
c) eaten with cheese today
Answer: B) first time eating an egg over easy (and I liked it!) I love the bread and eat it all the time and never eat an egg sandwich without cheese.
2. Why was my lunch not photographed today?
a) I forgot my lunch at home so went hungry today
b) I forgot my camera at home
c) I had digital photography club so didn’t get to eat until 1:30 and was so ravenous I snarfed it down
3. What new addition will be in my home tomorrow, allowing me to eat all these fruits and vegetables before leaving for the US on Friday?
a) I’m getting a juicer
b) I’m getting a new vegan room-mate
c) I won’t eat it, I’m dressing up as the Chiquita banana woman for school
4. What was the biggest mistake of my dinner?
a) The base: pre-made gnocchi in gorgonzola sauce
b) The veggies: garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, frozen broccoli
c) The protein: sardines packaged with olives
d) None of the above, it was delicious
5. What did I think about the movie I watched last night?
a) I’m glad I’m a vegetarian
b) I want to try to eat more like a vegan
c) I’m glad I live in Germany but still want to contact a local farmer to enroll in a box delivery scheme
d) All the above
5. Which recent cooking creation was such a hit that I was required to share the recipe with 5 colleagues today?
Please put your pencil’s down. The time is up.
So, how did you do? I hope you have enjoyed reading this blog over the last busy semester as much as I have enjoyed writing. Thank you to all of you who visit the blog, I hope it provides you with ideas, enthusiasm, and a little bit of knowledge about our great big world!