Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
and Happy Birthday to my cousin, Ahnamarie!
I kicked off the day with a green smoothie in honor of St. Patty.
This was no Shamrock Shake, but it was a heck of a lot healthier and still creamy and minty.
This Saturday is Open Day at my school. The community is invited to visit the school and partake in educational activities, games and projects. Although I love showing my classroom off, getting the place in tip-top shape has been keeping me and my awesome assistant busy.
My midmorning snack tasted like a creamsicle.
Fellow bloggers are simply awesome, I’m so thankful for everyone out there who freely shares their knowledge and recipes. I have learned so much from other bloggers and can not thank you enough!
That being said, here’s another delicious recipe from my recipe wish list. I enjoyed this dish for dinner last night and lunch today.
Easy Mushroom-Spinach Curry
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 3 cardamom pods, seeds removed and crushed
- 1 pinch fenugreek seeds, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
- 8 oz. frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onions, ginger and chili and sauté on medium heat until the onions begin to brown. Add the spices, stirring to evenly coat the onions.
- Add the mushrooms, stir until they start to soften. Fold in the spinach until well mixed.
Add 1/4 cup of water and cook for a few minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the salt and coconut milk,season to taste. Stir thoroughly and take off the heat.
Thanks to this awesome recipe, I was fueled through all afternoon. After school, I tutored, went to the gym and bought groceries before coming home.
I hope you are all having a fun and festive St. Patrick’s Day!