Where did the weekend go?
Monday appeared faster than I could possibly recognize.
Regardless of my personal wishes, today was indeed Monday.
I slept in as late as possible before getting up and making a delicious nutrient-packed smoothie.
- 1/2 cup plain kefir
- handful of blueberries
- ground flax
- Sun Warrior protein powder
- Tons of strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- heavy handful of spinach
All blended up until smooth and delicious!
Half of the goodies pictured below were meant to be my snack… but I didn’t have time for a snack today.
It’s hard to believe that I’m in the final weeks of this school year. It has just flown by!
Ending the school year feels like packing to travel around the world only 45 minutes before your flight leaves.
Ok, I’ve never been in that situation, but I imagine it feels like trying to finish everything before the year ends.
Next week will be particularly stressful.
Tuesday- parent teacher conferences
Wednesday- my class’s whole school assembly, baking treats for our party on Thur. and parent teacher conferences
Thursday- hosting a poetry party for the parents
Friday- Sports day
As I always tell my students (and they’ve started telling to me) We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Ok, back to today. Lunch was an amazing salad
Amazing once I picked out all of the watermelon chunks that had gone bad. Oops.
Gotta love a fruity salad!
- baby spinach
- watermelon (past its prime…. but I didn’t know it at the time)
- balsamic glaze
After school, I tutored, came home and took a much-needed nap, then made a delicious dinner!
Pasta with Arugula
- 2 servings whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaping tsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp. lightened-up pesto
- tofu, cubed
- fresh arugula
- fresh lemon wedge
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Melt the butter and oil together in a large non-stick pan. Add the onions and mushrooms and continue cooking until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add the pesto, tofu and tomatoes. Continue cooking until heated through. If the sauce becomes too dry, add a bit of the pasta water.
- Toss the cooked noodles with the sauce. Serve topped with fresh arugula, spritzed with lemon juice and seasoned as desired.
Because I’ve been very stressed lately and not very good at photographing everything I eat (especially the less nutritious choices) and I have a guilty conscience…. here is a list of what else has been consumed throughout the day.
- 2 cups of coffee with milk
- After school snack of Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 1 glass of coffee flavored soy milk
- 1 piece of dark chocolate topped with peanut butter
That will do.
I hope your week is off to a great start!