Absence is said to do that… make the heart grow fonder. So, did you miss me?
I’ve noticed that each week, I go a few days in a row without blogging. I’m ok with that. I love sharing my daily life with all of you, but I never want blogging to get in the way of living. Sorry Mom and Dad if you get worried after a few days of silence on the blog-front.
The last few days I’ve been doing a lot of living… and eating. Let me show you a little bit.
Banana oats with flaxseed, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds peanut butter and blueberry jam.
Tuna salad wrap with lettuce, tomato, carrot and radishes and a pear
One of the living things I got up to this week was having Kate over for dinner. Sebastian and I made our favorite- Pretend Paneer Masala as well as an eggplant curry. All was served up with rice, naan and a salad.
After dinner, Kate and I went to see Prince of Persia at the movie theatre. I was looking more forward to the outing than the actual movie but was pleasantly surprised. I wouldn’t typically choose to see a movie like this, but actually liked it. Give it a try for your self.
Rye English muffin with peanut butter and blueberry jam and fresh raspberries.
Last night for dinner, we whipped up Tofu Tacos.
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 can red kidney beans
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 1-2 tsp taco seasoning mix (recipe below)
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet. Add the onions and tofu, cook until onions are transparent and tofu is lightly browned.
- Stir in tomato, kidney beans, tomato paste, taco seasoning (start with a little, taste test, and add more as desired), and enough water to create a saucy mixture. Continue to cook, stirring frequently until you’ve reached the desired consistency, adding more water as needed.
- Serve on a whole grain shell with your favorite taco toppings. Such as lettuce, fresh tomato, avocado, cheese, salsa, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
Taco Seasoning Mix
- 8 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. Ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Mix all ingredients in a resealable glass jar. Store, tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.