I just found this draft which I had intended to post in April as part of my Green Spring Cleaning week. Oops. Luckily it’s never too late for a little household cleaning help. I hope you enjoy!
Hello on this beautiful day!
Today I’d like to share with you the multipurpose disinfectant I use. This cleaner combines vinegar and citrus peels to create a fast-acting, sparkle forming, germ killing cleaner. I use it in the kitchen and bathroom. Although it starts out smelling vinegary, once the cleaner dries, the citrus smell is all that remains.
- Peel from 1 orange, grapefruit, lemon or lime
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1 clean quart jar
- 1 clean 32 ounce spray bottle
- Combine the peel and vinegar in the quart jar. Seal tightly and store in a dark cupboard for two weeks, giving it an occasional shake.
- Remove the peels and strain the vinegar.
- Pour 1 cup of citrus vinegar in the spray bottle and top up with water. I usually leave a small peal in the bottle just for added citrus excitement. Store the remaining vinegar in the jar until later use.
You can also use the vinegar mixture to clean kitchen floors. Just mix 1 cup citrus vinegar with 2 gallons of water and clean as usual.